The Emporia Farmers Market is a vendor produced only market. Vendors must grow, make, or bake the products they have for sale themselves. For food safety considerations, Emporia Farmers Market follows the rules, regulations and guidelines set by the state of Kansas.
Please view Food Safety for Kansas Farmers Market Vendors: Regulations and Best Practices, before selling at the Emporia Farmers Market.
More information for those who sell:
- Best Practices for Labeling Baked Goods
- egg fact sheet for small flocks/farmers markets - link to KDA website
- live plants (application for selling live plants here) - link to KDA website
- Product Testing Information for canned goods (salsa, pepper jelly, produce, etc.) - link to Kansas Value Added Foods Lab Application & Guidelines
- Product testing is currently offered at no charge to farmers market vendors