Watch for our new POP (Power of Produce) program coming summer 2022.
2017 | Second Saturdays | 9:00am
Join us the Second Saturday of each month for fun kids activities, games, and Cleve Cook Market Bucks!
Activities begin at 9:00am
Power Club begins at 9:00am on the above-listed Saturdays.
Hands-on activities for kids (suggested age 4-13)
Featured Vegetable and Recipe
Try two bites of the featured veggie and receive Cleve Cook bucks to spend with a market vendor.
Led by members of the Southern Lyon County FFA.
Funded by the Emporia Lions Club and the Cleve Cook Fund.
Recipe #1: Cucumber Aqua Fresca
· 4 cups cold water
· 2 cups ice cubes
· 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
· 2 large pinches of salt
· 4 1⁄2 cups of coarsely peeled, seeded and chopped cucumbers (about 4 medium sized ones)
1. Combine 2 1⁄4 cups chopped cucumbers, 2 cups of water, 1 cup of ice cubes, 1⁄2 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of the lime juice and 1 pinch of salt in a blender.
2. Blend the mixture until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is smooth but slushy, about 2 minutes.
3. Transfer the mixture to a pitcher. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
4. Fill small cups with the cucumber drink to serve.
Scenes from the Cleve Cook Veggie Power Club - June 18
20 kids participated in the first Cleve Cook Veggie Power Club of the season.
The kids went on a scavenger hunt through the market, tried cucumber smoothies, and earned Cleve Cook Bucks to shop for fresh produce at the market.
All participants got to plant a seed to take home to grow their own veggies.
Thanks to the kids from Southern Lyon County FFA for all the work!